Monday, March 28, 2011 Monday, March 28, 2011
This few days many things had been going through my mind.
Why are we harming ourselves?
Every single day, we complain. How hot the weather is, how our laptop is not the latest, how our clothes are not in fashion, and want a new one.
Do you know what we're throwing away is not just an object?
What we are throwing away are natural resources and people's hardwork.
They had worked hard to extract the resources to make the things that we want. Sometimes they even risk their lives. They had work to design and make the things which we humans want.
But have you pause to think about it for a while?
Have you pause to think about how our actions are harming the Earth?
Have you ever thought of how Mother Nature is screaming for help?
We are complaining that the weather is really hot.
But have you thought, why is the world so hot? Why is the weather so miserable?
Yes, the answer is global warming. But what cause global warming? Yes, it is us humans.
Why doesn't people stop to think about the actions which we are doing?
Let's face it though. Singaporeans doesn't care.
I don't mean ALL.
I mean most.
Let me share a personal experience.
I was writing on a piece of paper, and i realised that I had written wrongly. Since the paper, BOTH SIDES, doesn't have space for me to write anymore, i tore it out and crumpled it. I was about to throw it into a bin when I saw a recycling bin for papers. Well, saving the Earth starts from the little things we do. Thus, i decided to throw it into the recycling bin.
But you will never imagine the disgust I saw inside it.
HEY PEOPLE. It is a RECYCLING BIN, not a rubbish bin.
There was so much RUBBISH in it, and there were flies flying around.
It was the worst sight AND smell I had ever experience. It was just so terrible.
Sometimes I wonder if natural disasters is in a form of karma.We are harming Mother Nature so much, maybe Mother Nature decided to take revenge.